Friday, October 8, 2010

"Make-It-All-Better" Dairy Free Frappuccino

Like I said yesterday, we are enjoying a beautiful, warm Indian summer. After a few hours of working out in the yard doing fall cleanup, I come in tired, hungry, hot and grumpy (not really ;)). A tall, cold glass of frapp makes it all better!
I have often wished that I could order one of those delicious frappuccinos at Starbucks or Tim Horton's. Of course I can't because of the dairy in them...but to be honest, I don't know if I could get myself to spend the $3-$5 dollars for one!
So, if you, like me are dairy-free, a spend thrift or both...this is the recipe for you!
This recipe makes 2 very large glasses.


Dairy Free Frappuccino

3 cups           ice
1 1/5 tbsp     instant coffee (I buy a nice quality kind - but even the cheap stuff taste good.
                                          Decaf will also work)
3 tbsp          granulated sugar (honey works too)
1 cup           coconut milk (I usually just use the whole 398ml/14oz can)
1 cup           water
1 tsp            vanilla

Directions:
-Place all ingredients into the blender and blend on high until creamy and smooth.

Options:
-Mocha: add a couple of tbsp of cocoa powder
-Java Chip: blend in some semi-sweet chocolate chips - or dark Lindt chocolate chunks
-Top with whip cream and caramel sauce.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin